Happy early Halloween everyone! Here’s a great, festive recipe for Pumpkin French Toast to try out this weekend (or anytime really because…pumpkin). It’s easy, cheap, and healthy so there’s nothing stopping you from enjoying this delicious breakfast treat! And it’s low-FODMAP to boot! Also see my Pumpkin Chia Bowl recipe for more Fall goodness!
- 1 egg or 3 tbsp egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 2 slices of gluten-free bread or ekeziel bread
- Optional: protein powder, walnuts or pecans, fruit for topping
- Mix eggs/egg whites, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a wide, shallow bowl. Beat and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Dip in bread, making sure to thoroughly cover both sides of each slice.
- Cook on a lightly oiled (tastes best with coconut oil) skillet/frying pan until slightly browned on each side.
- Optional: Drizzle with a bit of honey or pure maple syrup.